Instructions For Your Pit Barrel Cooker.
- Set up the Pit Barrel Cooker in open area (outside!)
- Remove Three-point Barrel Stand from inside the barrel and place the Pit Barrel Cooker on top.
- Remove charcoal basket from bottom of barrel and place on ground.
- Lighting with lighter fluid: Fill your charcoal basket level and apply lighter fluid, place charcoal basket in your PBC, light the coals with the lid off and let burn for 12-15 minutes for elevations between sea level and 2000 ft, all other elevations will let your coals burn for 20 minutes.
- Lighting with a chimney: Fill your charcoal basket level, remove 1/4 of them (40 briquets) and place in your chimney, light the coals with the lid off and let burn for 12-15 minutes for elevations between sea level and 2000 ft, all other elevations will let your coals burn for 20 minutes.
- If hanging meat- remove grill grate and place metal rods in pre-cut holes. Insert stainless steel hooks through the meat and hang meat from metal rods inside the Pit Barrel Cooker, put the lid on and let the meat cook to perfection. Refer to our demonstration videos for more information.
- If grilling- remove metal rods and insert grill grate, place meat on grill grate and grill as you would on a standard grill (Lid off).
To clean your PBC, wait until the barrel and coal basket have completely cooled and dump the remaining ash. DO NOT WASH OR RINSE THE INSIDE OF YOUR PBC.
Approximate cooking times for meats (Times will vary due to elevation, the times in our videos are based on an elevation of 2000 ft.) therefore when using your PBC at sea level your cooking times will be less.
For best results, check out all of our videos.